My Dad got me a Tarla Dalal cookbook a few days ago. The recipes were very simple & it had some lovely food pictures too. I tried this Kabuli Chana Stir Fry from the cookbook & I was quite pleased with the results.
This is very similar to the Curried Chickpeas that I had made long ago. What I loved, is the addition of crisp potatoes & Chana Masala powder. Its almost like a dry version of choley, but with a nice twist.
You Will Need:
- 1 cup boiled Chickpeas/Kabuli Chana
- 2 Potatoes - boiled, peeled & cubed
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 green chillies - slit
- 2 tsp Chana Masala powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Aamchur/Dry Mango powder
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt as per taste
- Cilantro for garnish
- 1 tbsp finely chopped onions for garnish
- Heat oil in a kadhai, add ginger-garlic paste & green chillies. Fry for 30 secs.
- Add boiled potatoes & saute until the potaoes become slightly crisp. To this, add tomatoes puree, Chickpeas, Chana Masala powder, Garam Masala, Aamchur powder & mix well for the spices to coat. Add salt a sprinkle some water & cook covered for about mins.
- Turn off the stove & garnish with fresh cilantro & finely chopped onions
Serve HOT as a starter or even as a side dish with Rice & Dal .. Enjoi !!!