How easy is it for you to reach out for a pack of chips when hungry?? Since, I always finish my lunch early, I am quite hungry most evenings. And, I sometimes eat junk along with my cup of coffee. Well, there are days when I get this sudden urge to eat healthy stuff & avoid all the junk :) And, this Corn Chaat is reserved for such days ...
You Will Need:
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 1 onion - finely chopped
- 1 small tomato - deseeded & finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper - finely chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper - finely chopped
- 1 carrot - grated
- 1 tsp green chilli paste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala
- Salt as per taste
- chopped Cilantro for garnish
- Boil sweet corn & green peas in salted water. Do not overcook. Drain & set aside.
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients except cilantro. Mix well, adding salt to taste. Be careful while adding salt & chaat masala tends to be a little salty.
- Garnish with cilantro
- You can also add Sev for garnish. I wanted to keep this all healthy, so, that wasn't added here. But it does make this dish more crunchy.
- If you don't like eating raw bell peppers, omit them
- You could also add boiled potato cubes.