My blog turns 3 today !! Of course, I wanna celebrate .. And, Its Mango Rabri this time .. Don't blame me for posting 3 mango based recipes back to back :) Its the season of Mangoes aftetrall ...
You Will Need:
- 1 litre full fat milk
- 3 - 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 medium sized mango - mashed or pureed ( I used Alphonso )
- 2 tsp almond slivers
- A bit of saffron dissolved in warm milk
- 3 - 4 green cardamon - crushed & powdered
- In a heavy bottomed vessel, boil milk & simmer till it reduces to half the amount. Add sugar & simmer for about 10 mins again.
- Add the rest of the ingredients & mix well. Allow it to cool completely & refrigerate for a few hours. Pour into individual bowls & garnish with a few almond slivers & saffron strands .. Serve cold
NOTE: Make sure you boil milk till it thickens & reduces to half the quantity. This will take about a good 20 mins. If you don't allow it to thicken properly, your Rabri will taste more like mango milkshake :) After refrigeration, it will thicken a bit more, giving it a creamy, melt in mouth, texture ..