For ages, I've been using the readymade Badam Milk powder & I've been quite happy with it .. Until, I had home made Badam Milk at a friend's house & I fell in love with its fresh taste .. It is quite time consuming to grind almonds each time you may want to drink this, but do make this when your guests come home this Diwali .. They will love it ..
You Will Need:
- A handful of almonds - soaked in hot water for an hour & skin peeled
- 2 cups of Milk
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- A pinch of saffron dissolved in warm milk
- Boil milk & set aside to cool
- Grind almond into a smooth paste using a tbsp of milk
- Add this to boiled milk, Mix sugar & stir so that sugar dissolves.
- Add green cardamom powder, & Allow it to chiil in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- Pour into glasses, Garnish with saffron strands
Enjoi your Kesar Badam Milk chilled ..