I know, I had been away for way too long, much longer than intended .. And, now that I am back, I hope to be regular ..
Summer is at its peak here & it's getting hotter by the day .. And, its no fun because I HATE Summer ... It also means, that I haven't been spending much time in the kitchen & lunch is usually a light salad or a veggie soup or a quick one pot meal & loads of chilled buttermilk .. I just can't wait for the rains to start, I say ..
I am so much in love with Bruschetta, these days .. It is a great appetizer & makes a yummy accompaniment with your summer salads & soups.
You Will Need:
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes - finely chopped
- 1 or 2 medium sized bell pepper - finely chopped
- 5 basil leaves - chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Grated Parmesan - As needed (optional)
- A loaf of french bread - cut into diagonal slices
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients except french bread, allow the mixture to sit for about 15-20 mins, for the flavours to blend.
- Heat a griddle & toast the bread slices for about a minute on either side till they get nice & crisp. You can also toast them using a convectional grill.
- While the bread is still warm, spread the tomato-bell pepper mixture & top with a tsp of grated parmesan. I didn't use any
Serve Warm & Enjoi !!!